Thursday, March 8, 2012

Building Up or Tearing Down

My desire is to raise my children to love the Lord with all their hearts and to want to serve Him in everything they do...or at least I say that is my desire. But sometimes I let myself get in the way. I want my children to love others, to be respectful, to be a person others want to be around. But so often instead of teaching and guiding I find myself tearing down and ridiculing. Is it It is so often pride. What will others think of ME when they see my kids acting that way? What will others think of ME when they hear my children speak? But it's not about me. It's not about my pride. It really should be about showing my children what it is to walk with the Lord daily and how He respinds the many times others watch me, His child, behaving or speaking the way I do. See, it is my job duty to show my children what a true life lived daily for Christ really looks like. Man that's hard impossible to fake to those who love you most. I want to be sold out. I want my kids to remember me showing not telling about how God wants us to live our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment