Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring "Break"

So much to say. Been avoiding posting all week as I really want to share the good things happening. But here goes...Worst. Spring. Break. Ever.
-spent the first 3 days of break moving everything we own
-moved into temporary housing (2 weeks in gpa and gma's empty house) Didn't think it would bother me, but it has struck many emotions within me. I sure do miss my gma!
-attempted to make choc chip cookies while my love was working hard on moving the last few heavy things. Oven doesn't work. 25 minutes on 500 degrees and chips were just beginning to melt.
-F1 tornado went thru the neighborhood of the house we were scheduled to close on Thursday. Neighbors all had a single tree down. Not us. We're pretty "special" apparently. 5 trees down for us. But hey, we made the news.
-$500 going to stump removal now on a property we no longer own
-doing laundry at the temporary housing when toilet starts gurgling and nastiness comes up from the bath drain
Let's just say that if my kids weren't watching I would have curled up in a corner and cried. Now I'm sitting around looking at boxes. Can't find anything but will be moving again in a week and a half (Lord willing). So, I don't dare unpack anything.
I'm grumpy, moody, and frustrated. I'm working on a very short fuse.
But God loves me and walks with me in spite of it all. Thanks for not throwing in the towel on me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment