Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Battleship or Luxury Liner?

Revelation 2:4-5 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.  Remember the height from which you have fallen!  Repent and do the things you did at first.  If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. 

Nearly 15 years later I look back and remember the butterflies I felt talking to the man I have fallen in love with more and more everyday.  I remember the many dates we spent walking and talking just getting to know each other.  I couldn't spend enough time with him.  There weren't enough hours in the day.  I wanted to be with him every second of every day.  Now 15 years later I love him dearly.  Some days I still feel those butterflies.  Some days I can't get enough time with him.  But honestly, other days I just coast along through life.  We see each other.  We talk.  But I don't long to spend moments with him.  I'm busy with this thing called life and sometimes I fit him in wherever I can.

Sounds like another relationship I have.  When I first fell in love with my Savior, when I first made Him Lord of my life I was sold out.  Sure I still have days like that here and there.  But for the most part I have spent far too long coasting through life.  My home and my walk with Him has been a luxury liner just coasting along and enjoying the day to day in the beautiful waters.  But that's not what I am called to be.  I am called to be a battleship following hard after Him.  I want to return to my first love. It's time that I start longing to spend each moment with Him again.  It's time that my every thought and decision reflect my relationship with Him.  It's time I spend my days walking with Him.  After all, that is my purpose here.

I have been challenged and it has never been more clear that it's time my family becomes a battleship for Christ and not a luxury liner.  It's time I become a follower of Christ and not a fan.  Thank you to the messenger that made that picture so clear for me.

Are you coasting along enjoying life on your luxury liner or are you a battleship following hard after Him?
Are you a fan of Christ or are you a follower?

http://www.northparkvanburen.com/media.php?pageID=17

No comments:

Post a Comment