Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Open for Business

What started as a fun idea with a cousin has become a business.  My sweet oldest loves being creative.  She has decided to take her creativity and use it to her benefit.  She and a cousin who love to make fashion catalogs together got creative and made a "business" board during our mini-vacation together in June.
This is where it all started.

Oldest decided to take that idea and grow it.  She has asked for help making business cards.  She has herself all organized and ready to go.

She wasn't real happy with the idea of me photographing her notebook.  She says it's her sloppiest writing. :-)
I went through my scrapbook paper and gave her quite a bit to get started since I can't find the time to use it myself.  Then, a dear friend invited oldest over to "shop" through her stickers and die cuts.  It was like heaven to my little creative one.  It most definitely made her day.


Oldest hired her brother today.  He sorted all the new stickers and helped her put them in her notebook she purchased from the thrift store today.  She has worked out a "step program" with him.  If he does good work the next step is that she lets him watch a video about how to make homemade envelopes and he gets to make them.  After mastering envelope making he can possibly move up to making cards.  A raise comes with each step. 
Today, he got one penny for sorting the stickers.  He was very happy.  He also said, "It's okay if she's mean to me.  I work for her."  I'm not quite sure where that came from.  Interesting thought.
So, the card business is open and she has received her first order.  Right now the money earned is being saved to use at the Snack Shack at church camp as mom and dad aren't handing out money for that.  There's just one problem with the business.  It doesn't have a name.  She's come up with several ideas, but none of them seem to fit.  She says, "I'm waiting for the perfect name."  Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment