Saturday, June 11, 2016

Intruder

After being in Van Buren most of the week for band camp, we returned home last night dirty, exhausted, and past bedtime.  I was trying to rush everyone along to unpack, shower, and get to bed.  Izzy got out of the shower and went to her room.  She immediately started screaming a terrible, scary scream.  I knew something was very wrong.  I instantly thought there was an intruder in her room.  In that split second I was terrified, I had to protect my children, and I needed someone to call 911.  I pushed the baby to Laura and yelled for her to grab the phone.  I wanted the phone in her hand ready to make that call.  I had to protect my child.  I rounded the corner to her room to find the intruder...

a frog.  She continue to scream and cry and shake.  Elijah jumped out of the shower terrified and Laura cried from the adrenaline rush of fear.  I rocked Izzy and oiled and massaged her to try to het her to relax as my own heart raced from the "excitement".  She slept in my room for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment