Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine

A day late. These are my thoughts from yesterday as I was too exhausted after party day to record them. I could have gone to bed at 6:00 last night had the others in my house have allowed it.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. I love Valentine's Day. Not because of all the commercial issues. But I love the chance to reflect on those I love the most. We don't do big things for Valentine's Day. We don't usually exchange gifts. In fact, we don't send our kids Valentine's balloons or stuffed animals to school. However, we do have a special dinner together. So, this year we had our special dinner a day early because it was just easier that way. Our dinner consisted of heart shaped pizzas, koolaid in wine glasses, diet dr pepper cake, fine china, and candles all over the table. We had a great time. But my big thought for Valentine's Day came the following day while driving in town to school. I looked out and saw fields covered in snow. The snow was like a cleansing for the earth and made things beautiful. That's when it hit me. That's what my God does for me. And on Valentine's Day of all I reflected on the fact that I have the greatest valentine ever. He gave the ultimate sacrifice for me because He loves me that much.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment