Monday, February 13, 2012

Things That Make Me Happy All In One Day

Things that make me happy, and that's just today. Here goes:
•waking to a text at 5:45am that says no school due to inclement weather
•falling back to sleep until 7:00am
•waking to the little diva saying, "Mommy, there's snow outside. It's real. I promise. Can we go outside to play
•making donuts for my lovelies on a day spent together at home
•watching my kiddos sled down the back hill together and hearing them roar with laughter
•snuggling by the fire to warm up after playtime in the snow
•playing Life with my Big Girl even though I smoked her. Sorry sis. I'm a little competetive.
•baking and icing 4 1/2 dozen heart cookies for Valentine's parties tomorrow
•watching my kids play together for hours and mostly getting along the whole time
•making heart shaped personal pizzas for those I love most
•eating dinner by candlelight and listening to the kids excitement
•koolaid in wine glasses and pizza on china
•Diet Dr Pepper cake with chocolate glaze. Mmmmm! Delicious and low calorie, too.
•the cutest dog ever showing up at our house. Shhh! Don't tell anyone I like him. I'm pretending that I don't. That way no one can blame me when he is a nuisance. BTW...the kids have already named him Playdough and daddy already took a nap with him on the couch.
•kids sound asleep in bed. They look like angels when they're sleeping.
•quiet time in a hot bath in absolute silence
...and that's just today. I have so much to be thankful for. God has blessed me tremendously. Thank you Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment