Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Memories that come up in everyday life...

While getting kids settled into bed today Oldest said, "I miss Grandma Betty." I was thinking about how much I miss my grandma. Laura said,"After all she's the reason I'm a master at ski ball." Oh 'tis true. You could always find grandma at the ski ball machine during birthday parties at Chuck E Cheese. And Little Man said, "Yeah, she's the reason I dream of Oreos." Oh, how my grandma lived her Oreos, cream horns from the bakery, Rocky Road candybars, pink marshmallowy coconut covered snowballs, and never turned down a trip to Braum's. As I think back "Wow! She was a sweet eater/lover. That must be where I get it. Yep, we'll go with that. I inherited it. I love you Grandma Betty and miss you. How I wish you could have met my Little Diva. You would love her. She's really missing out not knowing you personally, but you better believe she know you from the memories I share. Can't wait to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment