Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thoughts for a New Year

What are my new year's resolutions? Let's see...wake up early every morning to spend time in God's word, lose that extra 20lbs, start a regular exercise routine, have more patience with my kids...and the list goes on and on and on. It's nearly the same every year. So, I've been doing some thinking this year about one thing I can really do to improve. The little diva asks on a regular basis to be held, to be rocked, to help with whatever I'm doing. Unfortunately, the answer I give the majority of the time is 'not right now' or 'in a minute' but honestly that one more minute leads to one more and one more and one more. Quite frankly there is ALWAYS something that needs to be done, picked up, fixed, or cleaned. Come to think of it those very same things "need" to be done all the time. So, it's going to be very difficult I know as I am a bit OCD. I'd rather call it organized and orderly (Everything has a place and everything in it's place.) But my need for organization has become my curse. My kids are growing too quickly. I'm missing too much. So deep breath in...deep breath out, I'm letting some things go. I will sit down and rock the diva, I will lay down for one song with my oldest at night, I will read from the big book of stories on the nightstand when little man asks. I will enjoy my children. I will stop and live instead of letting life pass me by. Already today I have succeeded and failed all in the same day. I read two books to my little diva, but I said not right now when she wanted to help with dinner. I said not tonight to my oldest and not right now to little man. Tomorrow I will not let these moments pass me by. And I'm starting TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment